As an Employer you already know that training your workforce is a good idea, but Apprenticeships are even better, they are designed to help your employees reach a high level of competency and performance.
Key benefits of employing of employing an Apprentice
- Motivated & skilled workforce
- Cost effective
- Lower recruitment costs
- Build skills within your business
- Improve profitability
- Increased employing satisfaction
How does it work?
A training provider/college will support an employer to:
- Identify the Apprenticeship that fits your business requirements
- Help to recruit an Apprentice
- Develop a training plan which reflects the Apprentice and employer requirements
- Support the delivery of the training programme, carry out assessments and deliver training
Responsibilities of Employers
- Provide an induction and training
- Responsible for paying an Apprentice a wage (at least the minimum wage for Apprentices £3.50)
- Offer a minimum of 30 hours a week paid employment
- Provide Apprentices with the same benefits as other employers
- Provide a contract of employment
- Allow time for off-the job training
- Provide Apprentices with the same benefits as other employees
- An Apprenticeship agreement must be signed between Apprentice and employers
Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 years olds (AGE 16 to 24)
The Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16-24 year olds supports businesses to recruit individuals aged 16-24 into employment through an Apprenticeship programme that would not otherwise be in a position to do so.
You may be eligible to for grant worth up to £1,500.00 if:
- you are a small to medium sized employer (employing less than 50 employees)
- you can confirm that you are not able to recruit an Apprentice without the AGE Grant
- you have not employed an Apprentice in the last 12 months
- commit to employ your Apprentice for a minimum of 12 months, or the time it takes them to complete their Apprenticeship, whichever is the greater
- agree to pay the Apprentice the national minimum wage (£3.50)
For more information visit www.teesvalley-ca.gov.uk and search TVAGE or alternatively contact the project team on 01642 524454.